I offer tailor made facilitation services to organisations who are engaged in Leadership Team Development, Strategic Planning, Event Preparation, Team Coaching and Project Evaluation. My special area of expertise is working with teams and organisations who are struggling to negotiate a positive way through a specific challenge or opportunity.
All of my work is framed by a personal commitment to practical mindfulness. No matter what the specific piece of work is, my core concern is to support each group to do quality work within the context of their specific values, practices and commitment.
My facilitation with your organisation begins once you contact me with your specific needs. I will then meet with you to plan your facilitation, and will work with you through planning, facilitation and documentation phases so that together we deliver your desired outcomes.
Relevant Professional Training:
- Bachelor of Divinity (BD), Milltown Institute
- Leadership in Spirituality ( Mundelein College, Chicago)
- Retreat Facilitation Skills ( IPS Chicago)
- Advanced Facilitation Skills ( ICA Brussels) (IAF member)
- Coaching ( Coaching Development through Tipperary Institute)
- Anamcharadas Spiritual Companioning (SDI, Anamcharadas and AISGA member)
- MSC Mindfulness based Interventions ( currently participating in this programme in UCD )
As a commitment to my ongoing professional development, I attend monthly individual, and bi-monthly peer supervision sessions. I also regularly participate in new and refresher training opportunities.
Key Resources I draw on in my Mindful Facilitation include:
- Technology of Participation ( the Art of Focused Conversation, Workshop Facilitation, and Strategic Planning) (Institute of Cultural Affairs Brussels)
- Parker J Palmer ( The Centre for Courage and Renewal)
- Mary Oliver ( Poet)
- Peer Spirit Inc ( The Circle Way)
- David Whyte ( Poet)
- Margaret Benefiel ( Soul at Work)
Mindful Facilitation - An Oxymoron?
Calendar of Events
“Dee’s test dedication to the task and her capacity to deal with even the most difficult of clients made her a true asset”
Martin Mc Donagh
Dublin County Council ( RAPID Co-ordinator)
“Her work is highly professional and I have always found her service to be great value for money"
Director, St Canice’s Community Action Project, Kilkenny
“Dee’s work was thorough, grounded and insightful. Deirdre’s commitment and tenacity greatly contributed to the success of the project."
CEO Disability Federation Ireland
“Thanks to your excellent facilitation. We are now ready to forge ahead with confidence, and, make out presence felt, thanks to your excellent work with us."
Chairperson PPSG Social Support Committee
“Dee is a calm
leader in her field”
Comfort Keepers South East
“Dee is a talented facilitator, with the courage to take on seriously challenging issues and work through them. She is at her best when managing complex, and sensitive organisational situations"